Saturday, September 19, 2015

Journal 4 – Life Plan

Formulating a “Life Plan” is a tricky one. Initially, I thought it’s going to be easy as I have already my short-term to medium-term goals already set in my mind and it is already in action (I’m already starting my mba studies). However, when I wrote it down and break it down to different priorities it suddenly became a little bit tricky and difficult.


I googled it up just to find something that can perhaps help me in creating my own “Life Plan.” Walla, a dozen results came up with different “funeral plans.” Good thing, out of the dozen, one came up from www.forbes.com.  It did not only provide a guide on how to write one, however, it also tells what the purpose of having one in place is. According to the site, “when we we’re growing up, we were taught that life can be predictable.” When you study hard, you will have your dream job, be happy, and become successful. However, this is not entirely true even for those who are already happy and in their dream job. Truthfully speaking, I completely agree with this as in real life there are always unpredictable things that happen. Furthermore, I believe our lives are not drawn on a straight line; every now and then, we make turns we did not want to make and sometimes even a u-turn. When this happens, rather than picturing our goals in our head, it is more ideal to have a written plan, a “Life Plan,” in order for us to remain focused and be clear sighted towards achieving our goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment